Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm not bitter.

A diversion from grammar.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. I won't be around a computer, so I'm posting a day early. I will celebrate the day in my usual manner, by wearing red.

Don't you mean green, you say? No, red. Why on earth would someone wear red on St. Patrick's Day? You ask. Well, I'm not sure. But I will tell you what is not the reason.

It's not because the Arkansas Razorbacks, the team from my alma mater, wear red. And that on March 17, 1979, in the Midwest Regional Final in Cincinnati, Ohio, when they were playing Indiana State, Larry Bird tripped U.S. Reed on the inbounds pass on Arkansas' final possession, and that the referee called Reed for traveling rather than calling a foul on America's favorite college basketball player, and that ISU got the ball and won the game on that bad call, advancing to the Final Four, while Sidney Moncrief's collegiate career ended right there in Cincinnati.

The reason I know that's not the reason is that I've completely forgotten about that. Really. It doesn't bother me any more. I mean, that was 28 years ago. And I'm over it.

No comments: